Can't find a good movie or documentary about Scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dody

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I apologize if this is not the right place in the forum to post this so please bear with me.
As for many of us, this pandemic season is prone to lead us to watch movies or documentaries in the comfort of our couches. However, after extensive search, I am surprised that there really isn't any good movies or documentary about scuba diving. Not a single one. Please don't mention "Into the blue" or "Dark tide" like movies, I am talking about GOOD movies. Don't mention "the great blue". I grew up with it but it is really about free diving. "The abyss" or "Last breath" are not about scuba diving either. I could find good movies about almost every sport but none on scuba diving. I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

- Descending (show) - fits what you're looking for the best I think as it's specifically about diving
- Sanctum (movie about cave diving)
- The Deep (movie about treasure, a little diving in it)

Thanks. I have seen "Sanctum". "The Deep" was poorly rated so I did not bother. I need to find "Descending" somewhere.

Anyone know how to watch Descending?

Not on Prime or Netflix.

Not on Prime or Netflix.

It's on Outside TV: Outside TV though full episodes may only be available through the Outside TV channel that you can view through a couple cable providers and through Sling TV. On Sling you can see the episodes on weekdays at 6pm (I have Sling with the Outside TV channel)

A few more:

- Unchartered Waters of Florida's Aqua Caves - really like this one!
Water's Journey
Extreme Cave Diving - NOVA/National Geographic

Not on Prime or Netflix.
Haven't found it yet. Sold out on the editor web site.

About commercial sat divers rather than scuba, but "Last Breath" is a fascinating documentary that'll leave you an emotional wreck afterwards. Accessible on BBC iPlayer last time I watched it. Not sure which other platforms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom