Can't access scubaboard.com with HK IP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMoMo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Whenever i try to access scubaboard.com from my normal Hong Kong based IP address i recently get following error:
[h=1]403 Forbidden[/h] Request forbidden by administrative rules.

When using a VPN with for example a german IP i have no problems whatsoever.

What is the IP address in Hong Kong?

Send you a PM with the IP.

The moderators can ban individual IP numbers. They'll occasionally do that because of of history of spamming or various other strangeness.

Apparently your HK IP number is banned. The good news is that the mods can unban it too but you'll have to stop your spamming :D

R..

Your IP is not banned.

There have been a few unexplained error 403's coming from a Thailand ISP. This is the first I've heard of a Hong Kong ISP blocking ScubaBoard. I assure you it is us being blocked, and not us blocking you.

If you get the error 403, I would recommend trying a proxy (or VPN) as you stated.

If you were banned via IP ban, you'd see a message that says, "The administrator has blocked this IP address. If you feel this is in error, please email support {at} scubaboard.com"

Since you didn't see this message, then you're not blocked.

Also... I checked your IP... It's not blocked :wink:

Hmm weird. It's still not working without VPN. But why Netvigator (the biggest ISP in HK) would block scubaboard?

Hmm weird. It's still not working without VPN. But why Netvigator (the biggest ISP in HK) would block scubaboard?

The real question is what else is blocked? is it to do with our network provider and other sites they host? Dont know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom