Canon choice A80, A75, A70

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluedestiny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, thank you all for your great information. I have narrowed down to a Canon, surprised I liked it more than Sony lol. I liked the A75 and the A80 had some more abilities, though the small flip out screen was kinda disapointing. I haven't seen the housing for the Canon except online. How is the one for the A80? I saw the A75 is capable between the A80 and A70. Just curious on your recommendations to these finalist. PS, the Canon A series photos that you have posted great.

i was leaning toward the a75 until i actually had the chance to spend some time with an a80. And i absolutely love it. I dont know what you mean by the flip out screen being disappointing, i love it. I did not think it would be very useful until i started using the camera. But i do use this as my camera for in and out of the water. I also like the 80 because it is 4 megapixels, good for cropping and the likes. As for the housing i paid like 160 for it on ebay, and have had it on 10 dives or so with no problems. Good luck on your choice i dont think you can make a bad decision. You might want to consider the new line of A series that canon came out with, not sure if they have housings or not yet, but i think they do. hope this helps

bluedestiny:
Hi, thank you all for your great information. I have narrowed down to a Canon, surprised I liked it more than Sony lol. I liked the A75 and the A80 had some more abilities, though the small flip out screen was kinda disapointing. I haven't seen the housing for the Canon except online. How is the one for the A80? I saw the A75 is capable between the A80 and A70. Just curious on your recommendations to these finalist. PS, the Canon A series photos that you have posted great.

The A80 is a 4 Mpixel camera the A70 is a 3.2. more is better.

I just bought an A80 for $249. That's like tweny bucks over the price of thre A75 and I get more pixels. I think the price on the A80 is going down because the A85/A90 and A95 are comming out soon. But those will be much more than $249

OK where to get the $249 price: 1) Fry's in California or 2) Amazon if you pay for it with an Anazon Visa card.. 3) If two places have it for that price , others will too.

Thanks for the info, A85-90 oh boy the choices go up lol. Well that might work good driving the A80 price down when the newer models come out. I do plan to get the Canon U/W housing for whichever model I get, after I get the hang of it lol.

I've been looking at the A95, A85 and the S500. I'd prefer the A95 but when I sent email to Canon asking when a housing would be out, they had no idea.

I have the A70 and even though its only 3.2 mp I still can print out 8x10's that don't look digital with no pixalation at all.

Back
Top Bottom