Cano Island, Costa Rica dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubafanatic25

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am heading out to CR next month and will end up in Uvita where I can take a trip out to Cano Island to do 2 dives. It will cost us approx 350 to do it. Is the dive worth it? Ive heard mix reviews about diving in CR unless it is Cocos. Love to hear everyone's opinion!

Cano Island is called the "mini Cocos" for good reason. It's beautiful, and the best diving short of Cocos in CR. Unless all you want to see is bull sharks then head up to the Bat Islands near Guanacaste.

Call Oceans Unlimited in Quepos and talk to Bob or Georgia. Bob's an ex-pat from Florida and own Oceans Unlimited, and they partner with a dive shop that runs Cano trips. He's a straight shooter.

Cano Island is called the "mini Cocos" for good reason. It's beautiful, and the best diving short of Cocos in CR. Unless all you want to see is bull sharks then head up to the Bat Islands near Guanacaste.

you were right, the dive was well worth it! It was so beautiful.

Glad you had fun! Much better than Lake Pleasant! I usually measure vis in meters....sucks when it's "1" in my log book....

Back
Top Bottom