Canister light - Where do you mount yours and how?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jketron

Registered
Reaction score
I recently bought a 10/21 LM and it comes with a belt loop mount. This looks less than desirable. I've seen folks mount them off the side of the back plate.how are you attaching the canister to the backplate and what other popular way have you seen of mounting it?

Right below my big butt....of course I sidemount. :D

What he said

can light.jpg

What the rest of them said =p

Mounting it directly to the backplate will likely make it non-ditchable weight, and you may have difficulty activating the switch or routing a long hose underneath it. It will also stick out further. Most prefer to keep things as streamlined as possible, and the right hip is an ideal spot for the light canister.

It might "look" less than desirable, but give it a try and see how it feels. I have the same light and don't notice the canister underwater.

What do you tuck your long hose under just now?
Talk about getting personal! :shocked2: Geez :D

I use the belt loop as well with another buckle. I also have loop of thin surgical tubing on my plates that just snugs it up. I switch between singles and doubles and have forgotten the buckle a time or two.

What do you tuck your long hose under just now?

The can light (7') or I use a 5' hose for single tank... or, I just tuck it into my waistband (7' with no can light). Or under a clipped-off stage bottle. Some people tuck it under a knife or pocket. Whatever works for you, so long as you can deploy it effectively - that's what counts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom