Cancun trip question????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am making my first trip to Cancun and will be catching the ferry to Cozumel to dive. Since I have never booked a dive there, how do you go about doing that. I already know which dive shop I will be using and I was wondering if it was customary for them to give out confirmations for dives?

If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hey Rider,
I just got my OW cert this past weekend so I'm really not too sure about your question, but it stands to reason that any dive shop would give out a confirmation, assuming you'll give out a credit card number. LOL! I've been to Cozumel 3 times and there are dive shops everywhere so I'm sure you won't have a problem getting on a boat. But if you have your heart set on a particular shop, then I would definitely call ahead to make reservations. I noticed that you're in Shreveport wich is my hometown and we're the same age. Maybe we went to school together. Have you always lived in Shreveport? If so where did you go to school?

Originally posted by Riderforlife13
I am making my first trip to Cancun and will be catching the ferry to Cozumel to dive. Since I have never booked a dive there, how do you go about doing that. I already know which dive shop I will be using and I was wondering if it was customary for them to give out confirmations for dives?

If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

If you've already picked out a dive shop, email them asking about availability for your schedule. They should confirm the dates you want and may ask for a credit card number as a deposit sort of thing. Alot of shops will hold your card number and allow you to pay in cash once you get there. Depending on dive op, they may just have you meet them at the dock at a specified time and you'll pay after the dives. Or you'll go to their shop and pay first. But the first step on your part is to email them.

I went to Woodlawn, but all my cousins went to Southwood. Know any Tomlinsons, Contarios or Sparks? You'll have a blast in Cozumel. If you have time, try to visit the windward side of the island, it's beautiful. You can't dive or snorkel over there because of the surf but it's still worth the trip over. There's a place called Coconuts that sits on the side of a cliff, the view from there is breathtaking. Have fun!!

I did go diving in Cancun, dive shop was not the best. Personnel were not the best unsafe handling of air cylinders, etc. but the undersea world was first rate although I would have liked to have seen more sharks/larger animals.

Video tape was free but quality was lousy. I'm certain your experience will be better. The individual I was diving with was reluctant to go in the water due to anxiety. Cozumel seems to have more experience in dealing with tourists like us from the articles I have been reading. ENJOY let me know how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom