Cancun for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have transportation included only for Cavern diving and Cozumel trips. Sorry for regular 2t ocean diving you'll need to come to our shop.

Leif, thank your for your response. Please give my best regards to Ulises, with whom I had the pleasure to dive with in 2007 and 2009, with Ben Mooney of Mayan Aqua Dive. I will make other arrangements.

---------- Post added October 19th, 2013 at 03:39 PM ----------

jpep, we've done 60-70 dives off Cancun (I'm not at home, so I can't check my logs for exact numbers).
The diving off Cancun is actually quite good. The sea life is virtually identical to what you'd expect to see diving Cozumel. The reefs are not as deep (the only sites I can think of deeper than 60FSW are the two wrecks which are at 80FSW) nor as elaborate as the deep reefs off Coz. For Cancun diving, think Paradise reef off Cozumel, or the Balloons.
We've done all our diving there with Alvaro from AlwaysDiving.com - he's always picked us up and dropped us off on the resort pier. We've done reef, wreck and cenote dives with him and can't say enough good things about him.

Dirty-Dog,

Thanks for your reply and insights, which are appreciated. I too have dived Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel countless times since 1997. The reason for my inquiry was because my prior Cancun dives were with Ben Mooney and Ulises from Mayan Aqua Dive, which no longer operates. Since my research revealed Ulises was with Coconut Divers, hence my question. Because Coconut Divers does not provide R/T transportation to/from the Hotel Zone for local dives, I researched your suggestion and have contacted Alvaro from Always Diving. I am looking forward to his response.
Can't wait to get wet in 2 weeks.:D
Thanks again for your response. :thanks:

How is diving Thanksgiving weekend? I'll be down for a College Basketball Tournament and would love to get 1-2 dives in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom