Can you wear a gel bikini whilst scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maturity is vastly over-rated! I'm still waitin on the pic!!:D ...
Seriously, lighten up Francis............

Now about that pic?

Can we show just a tad of maturity here, this is a good question from someone just starting out and she deserves our respect.

There should not be any issues with your swim suit, enjoy your diving.

I agree, and I apologize for my posts...just trying to be funny.

I have the facts on this matter:

Of the 19,375 women who did their first SCUBA dive in a bikini

18,657 of them quit the sport immediately thereafter.

Of the 718 that remained active, 715 immediately purchased a 7mil suit,
3 went drysuit.

If a female does SCUBA dive, she is immediately bumped +70% points on the 1-10 scale.
This is similar to any human otherwise recognizable as a female who walks into a gun show.

Diving is glamorous:
Picture5-3.png

Come as you are. Not a lot of people look like movie stars with snot hanging from their noses.

to the OPs question, dive away.

But, as my daughter has discovered, check the suit's placement before you take off the wetsuit, especially the heavy ones. Neoprene can pull fabric away from its intended position. Fortunately, Dad was close with a towel.

Terry

Now, now people, let's show some political correctness.

Not everybody appreciates the archaic gender roles that society imposes on us,

the OP never said that they were female

Yea I think a picture is in order too :wink:

But seriously it will be fine. Just remember there might be a bit of rubbing / chaffing in the armpit area from the BCD. I would recommend a nice rash guard. If your worried about looks its no problem, can get some very cool rash guards from the surfing brands.

:banghead: Resisting the tempation to say something I would feel bad about saying and get every female on SCUBA Board pissed at me...

I apologize for even thinking it...:banghead:

I have a gel bikini (which I'd prefer wasn't gel since it attracts way too much attention) and it's perfectly fine for diving, so no worries. With any bikini, do a quick check as you remove the top of your wetsuit to make sure it's still in place. Yep, it's happened.

The only issue with gel tops is that they hold a lot of water, so if you put a t-shirt over it, it will look like you're lactating for hours! Yep, done that too. Learn the art of changing surreptitiously if you have to... :wink:

I don't know there was such a product. I have no need for it but I feel better just knowing that it's out there.

And as stated, gel being a fluid will not be bothered.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom