Can you wear a gel bikini whilst scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no idea what one of these things is but on the assumption that it involves two, strategically placed, pouches containing gel then no, it will not be affected by diving.

The gel is just a liquid and liquids are virtually incompressible therefore unaffected by pressure at scuba depths.

Yea I think a picture is in order too :wink:

But seriously it will be fine. Just remember there might be a bit of rubbing / chaffing in the armpit area from the BCD. I would recommend a nice rash guard. If your worried about looks its no problem, can get some very cool rash guards from the surfing brands.

Last edited:
Well if women who have breast enhancements can go diving I'm pretty sure a gel bikini won't be an issue.

The compression at depth will make them smaller, better get a bigger size to compensate! :wink:

If wearing a wetsuit, be sure that it doesn't negatively impact fit. Better to be warm then to be looked at. ( And trust me, we all look horrible underwater. )

Sigh... don't you realize small is beautiful.

Seriously, shouldn't be a problem at all... just avoid really deep dives (say > 1,500 ft).

Back
Top Bottom