Can you reissue PADI certification card without instructor name on it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you go to get nitrox with a full trimix card and the shop won't give you a fill without the nitrox card as happened to a member here.

I resemble that remark. In all fairness I think the tank monkey was seasonal hired help...the owner of the shop came out of the back office and took care of the issue.

I resemble that remark. In all fairness I think the tank monkey was seasonal hired help...the owner of the shop came out of the back office and took care of the issue.
You too? I was talking about someone else from the PNW that had this happen.

Showed up to a boat in NC...diving the rebreather. The nice 18yo lady checking people in asked me if I was diving nitrox(handed her the CCR card and said yes. She immediately asks me for a nitrox card. I just laughed and put my **** on the boat.

This was in Hawaii that it happened to this guy.
Bananas.

It does however put into perspective how small a niche tech diving is. It may be mainstream where you are, and completely foreign elsewhere.

LOL. It is a PADI thread and PADI questions, see the title and the OP.

Let’s try this again since somebody thought I was bashing PADI.

The OP doesn’t have rescue as far as I can tell, nor is he required to stay in a PADI system for any further education. If the name on the card bothers him that much he can:
1. Take a new class at the AOW level (pay twice for the same cert)
2. Take a course that is “above” AOW such as An/DP , DM, etc.

Either way only an idiot would issue him a new card without personally observing this guy meeting the standards of the certification.

If he desires a rescue cert, he can take it from a myriad of agencies that don’t require “adventure diver” or AOW.

If he desires a rescue cert, he can take it from a myriad of agencies that don’t require “adventure diver” or AOW.
I guess this is true (athough "myriad" might be stretching it a bit!), but is irrelevant, since he does have AOW.

I guess this is true (athough "myriad" might be stretching it a bit!), but is irrelevant, since he does have AOW.

True, but the conversation stems from the suggestion that he shred the cards with instructor Xs name on it after achieving a higher cert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom