Can you equalize WITHOUT pinching your nose?

Can you equalize without pinching your nose?

• Yes

Votes: 157 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 58 19.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 78 26.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I to am in the voluntary tubal opening group, at least almost always... On rare occasions i find need for sum extra oomph and pinch my nose. works in the water or above it equally well. Before I go diving i check it out a couple of times, and if i can voluntarily clear i may cancel the trip.

I have, once in a semi emergency, descended faster than could clear and got some ear pain, but slowing my decent allowed the pressure (and pain) to dissipate.

I can clear by rolling my jaw/half-yawning. There have only been a few times that I couldn't and needed to pinch my nose. I still prefer the pinch method though. Equalizes quicker

I do a sort of half yawn something like ItMustBeJames decribed.I just don't have to open my mouth or breathin just innerear muscle flexing.

I've only tried the pinch your nose procedure..going out this weekend..i'll try the other ones and let you know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom