Can you drink while underwater? Like bottle water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking for the same solution. I like to think I do drink a lot of water during my dive day however, my throat still gets so sore and burns from the dry tank air. If I could only find a way to shoot some fresh water in my mouth to moisten my throat that would be great. My dive buddy drinks from a small water bottle he keeps in his BC pocket. I'm thinking of something that would more or less spray into my mouth. Or perhaps a collapsable bag of water with a straw.
I would think I'm not the only one with this issue. I typically get this on my 2nd dive and especially my 3rd dive of the day.

Try a small camel back. I have used it before just to play around. Just get a small one, try it in the pool etc before you dive the doria with it.

Metal case 2nd stages like SP A700 help with dry mouth.

I'm looking for the same solution. I like to think I do drink a lot of water during my dive day however, my throat still gets so sore and burns from the dry tank air. If I could only find a way to shoot some fresh water in my mouth to moisten my throat that would be great. My dive buddy drinks from a small water bottle he keeps in his BC pocket. I'm thinking of something that would more or less spray into my mouth. Or perhaps a collapsable bag of water with a straw.
I would think I'm not the only one with this issue. I typically get this on my 2nd dive and especially my 3rd dive of the day.

Because sometimes, a dive is long enough to require underwater nourishment.

There are technical divers who may be underwater for nearly a day for deco obligations. Not to mention there are endurance divers who go for days just for the world record.

Do you realize you are replying to a post made is 2008?

---------- Post added May 6th, 2013 at 03:51 PM ----------

Wasn't there a scuba specific knock off of the camelback? I wanna say it was called a Turtlback.

There is something called a SCUDA, (self-contained underwater drinking apparatus). It is a bag with a tube and I a modified mouthpiece so you could drink without removing the reg from your mouth. I linked the web page but I am not sure if the items are still being sold.

It is possible to drink during a dive. A lot of people I know simply bite the regulator and open their lip to let some water in their mouth. Of course that method is dependent on the type of water you are diving. Another nice option is products like Gatorade Prime Pouches which fit nicely into your BC pockets. They are small (only 4oz) and can be drank quickly with a little practice.

As many have said it is not a substitute for proper hydration before and in between dives.

When I did my trimix course in Florida last month - I brought capri sun and snickers. Both were very nice to have while doing my deco.

Absolutely fascinating. I had no idea you could drink or eat underwater.

Aparently its frowned on to carry the little plastic minutures of Gin or wiskey or vodka in your BC and take a slug during a dive. --WHO KNEW???

:D --Yes i'm kidding-well sorta.On my last trip away I got a real bad case of drymouth on every dive. A plastic minuture full of fresh water is just enough to give you a single mouthfull of water.-but gosh the DM gave me a funny look

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom