Can you define intelligence?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't reinvent the wheel.

–noun 1. capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc.
2. manifestation of a high mental capacity: He writes with intelligence and wit.
3. the faculty of understanding.
4. knowledge of an event, circumstance, etc., received or imparted; news; information.
5. the gathering or distribution of information, esp. secret information.
6. Government. a. information about an enemy or a potential enemy.
b. the evaluated conclusions drawn from such information.
c. an organization or agency engaged in gathering such information: military intelligence; naval intelligence.

7. interchange of information: They have been maintaining intelligence with foreign agents for years.
8. Christian Science. a fundamental attribute of God, or infinite Mind.
9. (often initial capital letter) an intelligent being or spirit, esp. an incorporeal one, as an angel.

almitywife:
hey! mike veitch resembles that remark :eyebrow:
i saw that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I can define intelligence (hint, part of it involves being able to critically read).<G>

What everyone who disagrees with me doesn't have.

I reportedly have it... but most of the time I can't "find" it.

cancun mark:
the ability to be drunk and not write stuff on the internet that you maight later regret.

I'm sober now (I wasnt drunk anyway, I said drinking)...and I don't regret it ...perhaps you "maight" want to take your own advice though. Sorry, that's silly easy, I'm bad.

Isn't it interesting to see how the CIA perceives itself? Like any other governing body they'd have to have a statement of purpose, and for their purposes they define "intelligence" as both an activity and a product. And the purpose of this activity/product (knowledge/foreknowledge) as they see it is to form the basis for action(s) by our policymakers. Sounds good to me. But collecting information objectively can be rather hard to do, as people tend to find what they're looking for (paradigm paralysis) or not find what they're looking for as the case may be ("We know where the WMDs are").

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom