Can you add a d-ring to a bc without sewing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess what I was looking for was something like a horizontal velcro loop that would fit around the shoulder strap, with the d-ring hanging down vertically from it. Obviously it wouldn't hold a lot of weight, but I don't need it to.

Why?

R..

Why that location? That's a common location for d-rings, and would be a handy spot for the things I'd be clipping to.

---------- Post added July 10th, 2015 at 12:02 PM ----------

Verti-Clip | AP Diving

Something like this might work? It's intended for webbing, but maybe...

That's the type of thing I was thinking of. Not sure that exact item would work with the width and thickness of the shoulder strap, but might work in a different location.

What about tying off a parachute cord "snoopy loop" on the right shoulder section above the chest strap (forego the steel d-ring)? That way if nothing was clipped to it, you wouldn't know it's there. If you did clip off something, the loop wouldn't drop below where the chest strap is connected. Might not be too awkward for clipping off light stuff. Could tie off a second one and hold your light vertically.

What about tying off a parachute cord "snoopy loop" on the right shoulder section above the chest strap (forego the steel d-ring)? That way if nothing was clipped to it, you wouldn't know it's there. If you did clip off something, the loop wouldn't drop below where the chest strap is connected. Might not be too awkward for clipping off light stuff.

that's what I was thinking....

What about tying off a parachute cord "snoopy loop" on the right shoulder section above the chest strap (forego the steel d-ring)? That way if nothing was clipped to it, you wouldn't know it's there. If you did clip off something, the loop wouldn't drop below where the chest strap is connected. Might not be too awkward for clipping off light stuff. Could tie off a second one and hold your light vertically.

That could work, as I already use a loop of bungee with a fisherman's knot attached to the chest strap for my octo.

---------- Post added July 10th, 2015 at 12:12 PM ----------

ummmm... those rings are usually located at "nipple height"...

Correct, not sure what I was thinking of, probably the tire tube that holds the inflator hose.

You could cut a thin (hacksaw blade thickness) slot in the back of a SS D-ring and work it onto the webbing slot where the upper part of the Fastex buckle is held if there is enough room for the buckle and the d-ring.

Yes that is a good idea.. What I have also done is drilled a hole in the bottom tab of the fastex clip and this hole is intended to accomodate a clip from my light... seems to work ok for me.

You could cut a thin (hacksaw blade thickness) slot in the back of a SS D-ring and work it onto the webbing slot where the upper part of the Fastex buckle is held if there is enough room for the buckle and the d-ring.

Or try this:
137733_3.jpg
Best Divers Removable D Ring. Accessories, Rings buy and offers on Scubastore

Bob
---------------------------------------
There are more ways than one to skin a cat, however the cat never likes it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom