Can we take things from the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Illegal here as well, but the cops won’t be waiting for you when you dock unless someone drops a dime on you.

They take it pretty seriously up here thankfully, you probably won't even allowed back on the boat with any treasures, as the boat operators can face big fines. The MNR is police, judge and jury on the spot and can seize dive gear and vehicles.
We have an great organization called Save Ontario Shipwrecks. Home | Save Ontario Shipwrecks

I usually poke spear about 5-6 flounders per year. No guilt here, and I doubt I'm causing any environmental problems.
Depend on the species.
Fully mature male Humpback wrasse is highly prized.
Humphead wrasse - Wikipedia
If it has been removed unnaturally, the end result meant there will be no offspring on that patch of reef until the alpha-female turns to male.

I wasn't. I was genuinely looking for some answers and seemed to have opened a gate to a whole lot more

Now you know how Pandora felt.

Just sort out something that works for you, after you work your way through everyone's thoughts. It is in the end your choice. Have fun.

This is literally the discussion that backpackers had 30 years ago and it was long decided for them. There is no justification for taking random items from the sea to put on a shelf, or necklace, or in a tank.

And yet I see backpackers with displayed mementos of their trips, I guess they didn't get the memo.

If you get joy out of it it is wrong! Ucarkus has been saying that clearly.
Maybe the person that got payed to kill the fish got just as much joy out of it plus got even more joy for getting payed for it. That just seems double wrong, we certainly can’t have that!
On top of that, the person getting payed to kill fish kills thousands times more fish with thousands more joy than the guy who just wanted to spear one fish for dinner.
@Urkarcus should have quit while he was ahead because now we have a much bigger problem.

Over here, as long as one follows the fishing regulations that is not an issue. Of course, poachers can ruin any area.
The world is full of peoples who have no regard for regulations eg. the two divers who were fined for taking artifacts from protected wreck in broad daylight.

@Urkarcus should have quit while he was ahead because now we have a much bigger problem.

Now we all have to line up and decide who is holier than who.

The world is full of peoples who have no regard for regulations eg. the two divers who were fined for taking artifacts from protected wreck in broad daylight.

Criminals will not be bound by by law and are contemptible. The discussion has never advised the OP to do anything illegal, and has discussed the moral choices inside the law.

I know I am a terrible, terrible human being. So, what bigger problem?
Usually terrible terrible human beings are judged in tribunals such as Nürnberg or The Hague. Your confession here already sealed your fate and humanity is after you.

Usually terrible terrible human beings are judged in tribunals such as Nürnberg or The Hague. Your confession here already sealed your fate and humanity is after you.
Only 10 were executed from the trail!!!!
There are numerous articles on the issue and I am pretty sure you never bothered to look for them.
Just type "nazi escaped justice"
I cannot recall any significant judgement dished out from The Hague.
You are living in your dream.

Completely out of topic and I will stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom