Can the Scubapro Galileo Sol monitor skin temperature?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CandiveOz

Contributor
Reaction score
When the Scubapro came out with the heart rate monitor chest strap, I think it was a simple Polar T31 where you could not change the battery. In later years, it introduced a new chest strap where you could change the battery. In addition, this new chest strap could monitor your skin temperature as well as your heart rate.

Would someone please tell me what the Polar model number is for this strap?

I know the Sol measures water temperature but does anyone know if the Sol monitors skin temperature if the new strap is worn or is this only applicable to the G2? If this is the case, was it necessary to upgrade the firmware on the Sol to obtain this functionality?

Thanks for your help. :)

Hi Hatul,
Thanks for responding. I didn't think so but I became confused after reading a post (see below) where Beaverdivers suggest it was possible on the Galileos.
Scubapro heart rate monitor
The skin temp. would alternate with the heart rate and show up in the same window as the heart rate.

But you must have the new Scubapro heart rate monitor. Also if you must have the heart rate upgrade for the Luna, which you must have since you see the heart rate on your Luna. BTW, the Galileo Sol comes with the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom