Can someone look over my numbers for cost of consumables on KISS mCCR and SCR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that @doctormike was saying you only have a financial ROI on a CCR when diving helium, i.e. it will only save you enough money to pay for itself. Sounded like he was also implying that there are other reasons that it would make sense to use them, just not financial sense.

Yes. I got that.

I didn't add this, but let me say that a funeral costs roughly $15k-18k assuming you already have a burial plot. In dives where it may make sense from a safety standpoint, there's also an economic incentive too.

I think that @doctormike was saying you only have a financial ROI on a CCR when diving helium, i.e. it will only save you enough money to pay for itself. Sounded like he was also implying that there are other reasons that it would make sense to use them, just not financial sense.

Spot on!

Diving of any sort makes no financial sense for me. It's a huge money sink.

I love my rebreather, even on shallow dives. Yeah, there are dives where you have a deco advantage, and there are logistical advantages of having everything set to go for a weekend of diving. And it's nice to have little tanks to fill when you are in Manhattan. But also, I just like diving it, talking about it, reading about it, etc...

I can't wait to get back in the water and waste more money on sorb.

:)

Back
Top Bottom