Can I swap Mares V16 SCS HP seat and poppet with the Tri-material type from a Abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globalmark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi

I have a Couple old V16 Orbitors with the Static "1st stage poppet seat SCS" (46186249) and with a moving "1st stage valve" (46186304)
Can these be swapped with the Parts from the other mares Regs - Abyss , MRII, etc moving "Poppet 1st stage" (46185002) and Static "1st stage poppet seat" (46186216)

the reason I ask as it would be easier to keep 1 set of spares for all my partners and my regulators and its getting harder and harder to get the SCS seat 46186249 .I have read a few things people mentioned they swapped but not 100% clear if you should or if recommended or even if Fits .

So if someone who has done this or from Mares could answer that would be great -

I was a Qualified and certified Mares Tech when these regs came out but didnt know about it then.

Thanks Mark

I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

The Abyss crown is I think wider and higher, the push pin the same, but it has a different a different spring.

If I find a V16 somewhere in my workshop, I check it out and keep you posted.

Hi
Thanks for the reply yes that would be great if you could keep me posted , as I am sure i have read somewhere someone did it
and looks like the 2 parts on each are approx same size if put together, -Unfortunately I don't have the 2 regs (V16 and MR22) in same country or spares with me so cannot try for now .
Cheers Mark

---------- Post added May 12th, 2014 at 10:33 AM ----------

Hi
I have just been told by Greg Barlow that Yes it is infact possible and Mares actually sells the kit to do it .
So thanks greg for info

Mark

Great that you got the information because I could not have it verified, I do not have a V16 as I thought, I got quite some others, but not this one.

Good luck!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom