Can I store a Trilam(Pinnacle EVO2) drysuit folded?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Can I store my trilam drysuit(Pinnacle EVO2 drysuit) folded with the zipper flat and not folded under without lasting damage to the fabric taking a set at the folds?
When I hang my drysuit up on the drysuit hanger, my zipper gets a big curve on it near the upper left shoulder and I am concerned it could damage the zipper later on.

Thanks.

mine is stored in the bag loosely rolled to make it fit

Resurrection!!!

My drysuit zipper broke at the "fold" over the shoulder. I'm trying to figure out how to store it without that steep fold there. (Not a tri-lam)

Rolling it leaves the "U-turn" at the shoulder, even with the zip not zipped. I don't want it to break on me again.

How do you store and travel with your drysuit so it doesn't have a bend at the shoulder?

Can I store my trilam drysuit(Pinnacle EVO2 drysuit) folded with the zipper flat and not folded under without lasting damage to the fabric taking a set at the folds?
When I hang my drysuit up on the drysuit hanger, my zipper gets a big curve on it near the upper left shoulder and I am concerned it could damage the zipper later on.

Thanks.

---------- Post added November 21st, 2015 at 04:50 PM ----------

I have been storing like this video says: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrm3pHRu83U

Unfortunately, the zipper broke at the "flattened, u-turn" area where it goes over the shoulder. And yes, it is always unzipped.

I had an EVO 2 until this past spring and it live in the back of my truck, rolled up from the feet in the dry suit bag. I rarely dried it out and dove it 2-3 times per week. The suit held up well, with the exception of a leak that drove me to order a new suit. I eventually tracked down the leak, patch it, dove it for another dozen dives or so and then sold it. I wouldn't stress over folding the suit the wrong way.

---------- Post added November 25th, 2015 at 02:41 AM ----------

Just keep the zipper done up and avoid kinking the zipper and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom