Can I have fundive before I receive OW card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeffrey F

New
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have finish my all OW course and exams last weekend and I plan to go diving this Sunday. But I have not receive my OW certificate from SSI. So in this case, can I go for a fundive? if the diving center ask for my certificate, what should I do?

You didn’t get a temporary card?

Tell them to call your instructor I guess.

You should also have your dive log that shows you completed check-out dives during your OW class. Question....does SSI not have a digital card? Lots of the other agencies do. I know for certain NAUI, NASE, PADI, do. I sould expect an agency as big as SSI to have that, too. At the very least I'd just about be willing to bet the shop/dive center can look you up on the SSI website to verify your status. I don't see a place on the website that says something like "Verification/Diver Look-Up" or anything like that, but I'd almost be willing to bet that if you log in to your online account, it'll show you what certs you've completed. You can show the dive center that as proof and they should be okay with it. If you find that, maybe print out that page and keep it in your dive log until you get your actual c-card.

Edit: Actually if you mouse over the "About" tab and scroll down, there's a "Diver Verification" you can click on. Here's the link to save you some time.

Diver Verification

Hi everybody, I have finish my all OW course and exams last weekend and I plan to go diving this Sunday. But I have not receive my OW certificate from SSI. So in this case, can I go for a fundive? if the diving center ask for my certificate, what should I do?

Jeffery...

I'm seeing a number of responses regarding the no-C-Card dilemma...all of which should help you...

You'r post mentioned...''I go for a fun dive''...I certainly hope that if you do get your ''no C-Card'' situation sorted out that you are not intending on diving alone...

Every journey begins with the first step...''tread lightly''...there's lions and tigers and bears in the jungle...

Dive safe...

Warren

Do you have a smartphone? SSI makes it easy. They don't charge extra for a digital card.

Download the MySSI app, and login with the same credentials you used for your online training. Instructions are for iOS, Android may be different. Click on the 3 bars in the upper right to access the menu. Then select "Programs & Cards." Make sure the Cards tab is selected, and you should see your open water cert. This should be accepted as proof of certification.

Surprising, though, as the SSI shop I use prints the cards right in the shop. When my daughter got certified, the printer was down, so we had to wait a bit for the physical card, but the online one was available immediately.

The shop that certified you should of printed you a temporary card when they
processed your certification . You are in the system immediately . As said above
if you have a smart phone download the MySSI app . You could also request a
physical c-card from the shop that certified you .
Sea Dwellers

Back
Top Bottom