Can I get a ruling on this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adobo:
What exactly are the good and the bad of this little idea? (available from TDL)

necklace.jpg

I like it. But Green would be my preferred color.

WVDiver:
There is a cheaper version on this Ginnie Springs website if you don't want to make your own http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/accessories.htm

I use it and love it. I have tried alot of other octo holders and this is the best of the lot for me.

Cool, you purchase $.95 of shock cord and pay someone $5 to tie a fishermans knot in it.... :)

Safe diving,

Rich

Personally, I just prefer the old fashioned shock cord.

Practically, with shock cord, you can tailor the length to exactly what you want.

I try to avoid solutions in search of a problem.

Jeff

Well, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be DIR, if the length was right.

I thought they looked like great Christmas presents.

I tie my own, but I wouldn't mind having a pre-made one, and I certainly wouldn't mind having one or two in my SAD kit to offer other people whose hand-tied ones have come untied or lost :)

TSandM:
I tie my own, but I wouldn't mind having a pre-made one, and I certainly wouldn't mind having one or two in my SAD kit to offer other people whose hand-tied ones have come untied or lost :)

A tie wrap and 16" of bungie work much better and are much, much cheaper. Keep those in your SAD and leave the gimmicks to the split-fin crowd.

TSandM:
Well, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be DIR, if the length was right.

I thought they looked like great Christmas presents.

I'd rather you just give me the $10 bill. :wink:

Brian

nadwidny:
A tie wrap and 16" of bungie work much better and are much, much cheaper. Keep those in your SAD and leave the gimmicks to the split-fin crowd.

Hey Brian,

write up your review of using these, if you know that the bungie/tie wrap works "much better" I take it that means you've used them.

I've used the bungee and tie wrap for over 10 years now, I like these more. I did use them. The regular size allows me to dip and grap the second, it's more comfortable, holds my second stage quite firmly and I can afford ten bucks...

cerich:
Hey Brian,

write up your review of using these, if you know that the bungie/tie wrap works "much better" I take it that means you've used them.

I didn't need to dive a HUB to know it sucked but I'll amend my statement. "Bungees are just as good if not better and are a hell of a lot cheaper". I mean we're talking about a backup holder, not comparing LED lights or regulators.

I've used the bungee and tie wrap for over 10 years now, I like these more. I did use them. The regular size allows me to dip and grap the second, it's more comfortable, holds my second stage quite firmly and I can afford ten bucks...

In other words you're trying to say that you got sucked in by an over-priced gimmick and don't want to admit that you got sucked in by an over-priced gimmick.

If we're talking true "DIR" I believe they're using a knot on either side of a tie-wrap now. The problem with this design (and with double grapevine knots) is that the mouthpiece can come out quite easily... something you don't want to happen.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom