Can anyone help me choose which used computer to buy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it might need a new protective screen cover.

@GR8FUL if I were you, I would avoid the PP2. Don't get me wrong, it is a great computer and I loved mine. The issue that I would have is that it is kind of old and getting anything more than routine service on it is going to become more difficult with each passing year.

If you do chose to buy one, I am sure that it will meet all of your needs, but just be aware that there is the possibility that if something does go wrong with it (and that can happen at any time), it could be easier and/or cheaper to replace it than to repair it.

"If anything goes wrong" with a budget computer you're pretty much screwed anyway because repairing a $200 device tends to be not economical these days. Especially if you have to re-seal it water-tight to 15 atm or however many at the end.

Classifieds: Computers, Gauges, Watches, Analyzers

take a look at this forum..there are lots of computers there for sale.

Yea, I'm aware of this forum, my problem is that I don't have enough knowledge about the different brands & models offered in order to make an intelligent buying decision. Thus why I'm on this forum asking for advice.

Geo 2.0 come up sometimes. Lot of people like them.

For recreational diving, I suggest the Suunto Zoop Novo. Its a great computer that has a couple different settings, namely Nitrox and Gauge. Nitrox (even set to 21% for air) set up for deep stops is a safe, RGBM model for regular rec diving, and if you decide to transition to technical diving you can set it to gauge and have your bottom timer.

Back
Top Bottom