Camping/diving weekend...brainstorming phase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Donna.... you pick a Sept. date and I will do my best to make it work for coming down.

Hemlon:
If you are like me, you haven't had nearly enough time at Lake Travis this summer.

Let's plan a weekend of camping and diving at Windy Point for September maybe?

Who's in??

Truth is, we've NEVER dived at Lake Travis, and that's too long. Maybe we can make it in Sept., when yall camp. Hopefully it will work out!

Cyrll:
Wait, this weather IS cool! It's nice and comfy out all the time (side note, I just returned from Iraq. Anything below 100, is nice and cool).

I might still poke my head around anyway, for some shopping. Recommendations on a good shop in the Austin area?

If you get a chance, swing by Oak Hill Scuba. One of my guys, Tim, got back from the sand box last year.

Mack Diver:
If you get a chance, swing by Oak Hill Scuba. One of my guys, Tim, got back from the sand box last year.

And they have the best summer help in Austin. I really like the new kid.

Count me in on the diving part of this plan, but I don't camp so I'll be driving home at night. For me - the definition of camping is when the Marriott forgets to leave a newspaper at my door in the morning and I have to walk all the way down to the lobby to get it myself.

If the Foo Mobile and the Timeliner Retro Gal RV's get together at Travis the Cosmos will go partial pressure.

Timeliner:
If the Foo Mobile and the Timeliner Retro Gal RV's get together at Travis the Cosmos will go partial pressure.
When the date is determined, we better notify the media. I am sure someone will want to do a story.

Willie

Timeliner:

Yah I'm thinking, "Danger, Will Robinson!" omg I'm old. Just hit me that about half the folks here won't get that one... (Donna, will you do a poll for me about that? I don't know how to do them!)

Ima thinkin' that Travis is finally ready for this descent (pun intended) of the Northern Swampers. If you're really going to haul the TRG for one weekend, Timeliner, then I'll see if the Crazy SBeach can be coaxed to take the FM... if we stay for only a weekend and travel that far, he usually would rather stay in a hotel, although camping would be a lot more fun!

Will be in Abilene Sept. 15 (karate tourn.) but calendar looks fairly clear other than that! Maybe the 8th or 22? I really want to make Trashfest in NB on Oct. 6, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom