Camping dive trip to Clipper in South Padre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove clipper not too ago and I might have to consider this.

I have dove her twice and would like to do it again but keep in mind leaving Austin at 5:00 will put you on the beach at 12:30 to 1:30 in the morning and you have to be at the dive shop no later than 6:30am and you might want to be there earlier that leaves only about 3 1/2 hours for shuteye. Take something for sea sickness the night before and as soon as you get up. I know, some of yall never get sick BUT I'd do it anyway.

If Mother Nature cooperates a group of us will be going out on the Clipper this Saturday. I'll post a trip report early next week if the trip makes.

Congrats, Alan, on the new Daughter-In-Law! Great pic of the family, I know you're a proud papa. So glad everyone is well, and able to be participating in such a wonderful family event. Sorry for the thread hijack, yall, but I meant to post on the thread where he first mentioned her, but I closed the thread, and dialup is a bee-atch.

I'm going to have to bow out on this one.. I'm still stuck (ha-ha) in Florida, and despite the cold weather outside, I'm still spring and cave whoring it until at least Tuesday or Wednesday.. After being gone for a week and a half (longer than I planned), I'm a little cash strapped and road weary even before I make the long drive home.

Hope everyone has a great time and I'll look forward to the pictures and stories..

No go on the Clipper last weekend...5'-7' seas and winds to 25 knots. :depressed:

It didn't... seas too high.

Bummer.

The Clipper season is out until Spring. However, late Summer, we had a wonderful calm trip and I would love to go back next year.

Back
Top Bottom