camera's own flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highlandfarmwv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My DC 500 blocks out the lower left 1/8 of the pix when I use the camera's built in flash. I'm thinking of buying a DC 1000, but wonder if it does the same thing. I don't always like to use the strobe, but I don't want another camera that blocks out its own light. thanks

Let's do some testing...!!

Know how to use the timer? Take your camera outside, sit it on something, start the timer, let it cycle and shoot with your hands not on the camera!

Problem still there? Call Sealife and ask for Tech Support, who will want to see your camera - and Karl is great.

Not there? I'll explain....

Dandy Don,

It has been that way since I had it since 2007. there is no question. I thought it was just the way they were. Gee, I wish I had known it could maybe be fixed before now! I have already ordered the DC 1000. Thanks for your replies.

I still suspect a mistake I was making, but okaaaay....

The literature with the DC 1000 says you WILL have part of the pix's lit area unlit by its own flash.

I can understand that... based on the refraction of water...

I have attempted macro shots under water using "program" settings and had them wash out when centered and out of phase when placed bottom center with my DC600

I will have to test this further, but here are some shots I took last weekend above ground with the flash... I don't see any dark areas... I don't know what the manual is talking about.

p680522371-3.jpg

p962932999-2.jpg

p843288351-3.jpg

p963914637-3.jpg

p996348782-3.jpg

I will have to test this further, but here are some shots I took last weekend above ground with the flash... I don't see any dark areas... I don't know what the manual is talking about.
Very nice pics[-], but you were not using flash were you...?

We're talking about the internal flash here, right?[/-]

Ok, I just looked at your Exif on one, and you were using forced flash, but still - available light may have filled in for you maybe...?

Very nice pics[-], but you were not using flash were you...?

We're talking about the internal flash here, right?[/-]

Ok, I just looked at your Exif on one, and you were using forced flash, but still - available light may have filled in for you maybe...?

Those shots were pretty well all indoors, and there was not enough available light on any of them to do much good (except, perhaps, a couple of the butterflies... the puffin and the kingfisher would have been jet black).

I had the waterproof case on it the whole time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom