Calling Aquarena Divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To all who have responded and/or emailed...

Sorry for the delay in getting in touch with everyone who is interested in helping. Your willingness to participate and help is appreciated. The update is all systems are "go"! However, I've waited to post more information and email folks directly until I can actually talk to the person or persons who are conducting the workshop and tour. I've talked to the Aquarena staff, and they LOVE the idea of having divers in the water for the glass bottom boat tour. Right now, I'm attempting to get a better idea of when we'll need to actually be in the water so I can tell you when we need to be there, what activities we'll be doing, etc...
Thanks for your patience. I should have information very soon and I'll let you know the minute I know the specifics. I appreciate all you do!
Bill

Okay, folks, we're on! Sorry to make ya'll wait, but I had to be clear on what was needed and what is going to happen.
Right now, here’s the status of the event. Aquarena Center staff members are happy and excited that we want to volunteer for this activity. To be absolutely clear what is involved, the schedule and purpose looks something like this: Our task is to provide divers in the archaeological pit and maybe a couple of other sites for “window dressing” to increase the visual appeal for persons taking the glass-bottom boat tour that day. There will be about 40 teachers and educators attending as part of a tour from the Conference for the Advancement of Science Teachers (CAST) being held in Austin that week. We will be performing routine maintenance (plant grooming, fanning the springs, etc&#8230:wink: and we might be called upon to “put on a show” of taking measurements, pictures, video, and recording “data”.

The workshop is currently scheduled for 10 am to about noon, but it might extend into the afternoon. We could be diving in the morning or in the afternoon or both. I plan on diving as much as they’ll let me.

Finally, here is an additional bit of info. I originally set this up for Friday, Nov. 16, only. That is the day that I can be there and the day I’ve been asked to organize volunteer divers. However, there is a tour on Thursday, Nov. 15, too, and the Aquarena Center staff would like volunteer divers for that day too. I cannot be there because I am presenting workshops at the main conference in Austin that afternoon. Please let me know if you have interest in participating on Thursday or Friday or both, and I’ll make arrangements.

If, at this point, you are still interested, email me your name so that I may submit it to the Aquarena Center staff, and the day/days you would like to volunteer for this event. They will be checking to make sure everyone is certified to dive there. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks again for your interest.
Bill

PM sent, Guba.

I'll help and I'm local. Just let me know what time.

BTW off topic, I heard that a popular TV show may be filming out there very soon.

I'll bite.

What popular TV may be filming at Aquarena very soon?

The back stage dive area is probably gonna need a little work, unless the TV show is a HGTV make-over design show.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom