Calling Aquarena Divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you get bored at arch, Catfish needs a full dive to clean it up and the little channel just to the northeast of the hump between Diversion and Cream of Wheat needs some serious attention. With the good north wind that is expected on Thursday, its a great day to float Coontail. We hit Riverbed this morning and it's acceptable (without scooters its a tough one to get "clean"). Have a great time!

Yes it is still there. If you like Mexican Food/Tex Mex it is great. If you tolerate it then it okay. I try not to eat Tex Mex more than once a year if I am forced to.

Lunch at Garcia's Mexican Restaurant in San Marcos. (Thanks JaySmartDiver for the reccomendation, really enjoyed lunch)
Dinner at Chuys in San Antonio.
Tomorrow maybe Herberts.

Did 2 great dives today at Archaeology, Was great meeting and diving with bogrady and JaySmartDiver.

Another great day of diving at Aquarena Springs. A lot less windy than on Thursday. The place was packed with kids and teachers. The kids got enjoyed watching us through the glass bottom boats. I'll bet a bunch of them will get certified because of today, they were pumped. The teachers enjoyed the yellow tights. :wink:

Can't wait to see the video from today's dive.

Is this the same program I took in the late 90's? I hope so, will contact them to see if they have my cert records. Can't go today, but hope you are having a great time. I would love to participate in the future. Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Last year they were talking about requiring every diver to do at least one volunteer dive a year to keep current. Otherwise, they would make you take the class again. I don't know if they really started to enforce that policy, but the sooner you check the better.

Thanks for all the Swampers who turned out for the dives on Thursday and Friday. The folks at Aquarena expressed their thanks, the teachers and kids really seemed to enjoy it, and I personally had a blast! Thanks again for all the effort to get there and the work everyone did. Let's make some more Aquarena dives soon! In fact, I'd really enjoy making a weekend out of diving in the area...the center, the Comal, and maybe the San Marcos River. Should be fun! Hope to see Swamp Divers again on some dives.

Back
Top Bottom