Calling All "FLUFFY" Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n733lk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
OK, so I don't consider myself FAT, but rather a bit FLUFFY. I've tried on a number of wetsuits (All with Flex Material), "snug" is not the adjective that I would use to describe the fit. Is it normal to feel as though you are wrapped in duct tape from head to toe?

Perhaps, I just have to get used to this "joy" of diving?

I'd like to hear from other Fluffy divers and their wetsuit issues.

Thanks!

P.S. No wetsuits were hurt or damaged in the writing of this post.

I'm a "fluffy" diver.

Custom suit. Enough said.

Also, even with custom cut, there will be a period of tight fitting until the suit is broken in (around 20-dives or so).

Since that you're in Tejas, try Terrain Wetsuits in New Braunfels.

Someone likes comedy.... (my parents actually saw the guy live, I don't remember his name).

I won't lie, I have a bit of pudge, but my main issue with my wetsuit is that I have cyclist quads (I am a cyclist) and the step in jacket was obviously made with leg holes for a 14 year old.

If you feel uncomfortable you should get another suit. There are people who will do a custom suit for not much more than what you pay retail, I don't remember the name, but you can search on the site.

Get a custom made suit, you will not regret it.

Custom is the way to go. Now if I could only find a used drysuit in my "fluffy" size......

Someone likes comedy.... (my parents actually saw the guy live, I don't remember his name).

Gabriel Iglesias. BUT, I am older and came up with "Fluffy" first. I can't say anymore about it because of the pending legal action. :rofl3:

Like you, I'm a bit "fluffy" in the middle & suffer from what I like to call "short-round" syndrome. (5'10" & 40-42" waist). Have you looked at Pinnacle's suits? I ended up with a Pinnacle Elastiprene & am very happy with it. Having never owned a wetsuit before, I too thought it was a bit too tight when I first tried it on in the store. However, they assured me that it would loosen up a bit when it got wet & broken in a bit & they were right. I've tried it out several times in my pool at home & it does loosen & is very comfortable once in the water. It's a 3mm & the water temp was 70 & I was not cold at all. (Of course, not having gotten to dive with it yet, it remains to be seen how warm it'll be at depth in a 72 degree spring.)

You might want to try a dive skin. You can get them cheap on ebay. It makes sliding into and out of a wetsuit soooo much easier. It sure works for me.

Like you, I'm a bit "fluffy" in the middle & suffer from what I like to call "short-round" syndrome. (5'10" & 40-42" waist). Have you looked at Pinnacle's suits? I ended up with a Pinnacle Elastiprene & am very happy with it. Having never owned a wetsuit before, I too thought it was a bit too tight when I first tried it on in the store. However, they assured me that it would loosen up a bit when it got wet & broken in a bit & they were right. I've tried it out several times in my pool at home & it does loosen & is very comfortable once in the water. It's a 3mm & the water temp was 70 & I was not cold at all. (Of course, not having gotten to dive with it yet, it remains to be seen how warm it'll be at depth in a 72 degree spring.)

+1 On the Pinnacle Elastiprene suit. All the others seemed to have fit too snug. My 3mm elastiprene is like a glove. A comfortable, non suffocating glove.

6'2" 36-38" waist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom