Calling All "FLUFFY" Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dunno...I'm pretty darn fluffy, and have used "off the rack" stuff!

Wetsuits are both Akona 3mm & 5mm. (picked them both up at Leisure Pro)

Dry suit is a Dive Rite 905. No major modifications (I need to crop the sleeves a bit when I have dry gloves installed, but other than that...off the rack!)

Good luck!

I'd say a wetsuit should be snug, but comfortable.

Have you had a look at Waterproof brand wetsuits? They wouldn't fit everyone, but they come in a really good range of stock sizes to fit many sizes and shapes. Here is the men's size chart, for example:

waterproof mens.jpg

If you click twice on the image (i.e. after it comes up in the black screen, click on it again) it will open large enough to read.

I don't work for them, btw; I just like the quality and size range of their suits.

I'm fat (not fluffy) and the White's Fusion drysuit works great for me.

I wore one for a TV spot I did on local diving about three years ago. My first thought when the show aired was "OMG ... I wish I'd worn my DUI suit" ... :shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I wore one for a TV spot I did on local diving about three years ago. My first thought when the show aired was "OMG ... I wish I'd worn my DUI suit" ... :shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The telescoping torso is really nice. Cause I am not fluffy or fat, just short for my weight and the XL width with a L height works for me :)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

For sure. It's great for diving but not so great at not making you look slim.

Pinnacle is a good choice, but they are going through an ownership change, so inventory is currently spotty with selection improving in about 6 weeks.

Bare wetsuits make some very nice suits with a lot of sizes.

Hi Fluffy folks. I'm fluffy in some areas, not in others.

I would love to hear about which custom makers you have good experience with. I can't find a suit with long enough legs. Doing the wetsuit dance with the Pinnacle was pretty funny. Although my legs are slim, I couldn't get the crotch of the legs up high enough to get the torso onto my torso. The legs simply weren't long enough.

I'm wearing a legs too short Henderson Hyperstretch which is two sizes smaller than my dress size and it manages to fit my fluffy and non fluffy parts pretty well, but the legs are still too short.

Not custom, but I'll post the Waterproof brand women's size chart here (I posted the men's above, since the OP is male). I don't have super long legs, but I do have the "varying proportions" problem, and I was able to find a suit to fit me. Of course I'm not discouraging you from going custom. I just like to put in a good word for a company that realizes we are not all just "S-M-L-XL" with no variation.

Ironically, when I went to buy a 5mm Waterproof (my original was 3mm), I could only find one used, and it was a "tall," So now I have a suit with super long legs and arms that I didn't need (but I can work with them).

(If you click on the image a second time, after you get the black frame, it will get larger again so you can read it.)

waterproof womens size chart.jpg

PS: I just thought I would add that these are not "super stretchy" suits. I think that's why they make many cuts and sizes. So if you like the really stretchy neoprene you might not like these suits (they stretch of course, but not "super much").

Back
Top Bottom