California Kelp Divers T-Shirts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude:
I'm going through my pictures, trying to find some that show kelp the way it really looks. I took these, so if any of these help, go for it:

IMG_2533-crop.jpg

Upright kelp stalks tend to be a bit "bulkier" than you've been showing them.

Ummm, guys...this one looks like underwater corn :rofl3:
Ber :lilbunny:

muddiver:
My humble apologies for the gender malfunction. I was still stuck on responding to Compu"Dude" when I typed that.

Garabaldi - Goldfish - Hey they are all orange and look like Damsel Fish. I do think that Goldfish are smarter though.

I was just pokin' atcha...no harm :wink:

anyway...now I'm a little upset that the board went down before I could read the post about it being all one color....Someone was nice enough to send me a pic with great detail and it really looked like the bulbs were more golden and the leaves more green....I spent all my free time re-doing it according to the pic...:(

Adding a before and after....
Before

kelp-copy.jpg

After (lighter and darker version)

kelp4.jpg
kelp4dark.jpg

just so you have an idea, this is about 90 layers and just redrawing and putting the kelp together took about 10 hours

What you can't see here is that the all leaves have the rough, thorn-like edges and texture...as close as I could get

justleesa:
I was just pokin' atcha...no harm :wink:

anyway...now I'm a little upset that the board went down before I could read the post about it being all one color....Someone was nice enough to send me a pic with great detail and it really looked like the bulbs were more golden and the leaves more green....I spent all my free time re-doing it according to the pic...:(

Adding a before and after....
Before

kelp-copy.jpg

After (lighter and darker version)

kelp4.jpg
kelp4dark.jpg

just so you have an idea, this is about 90 layers and just redrawing and putting the kelp together took about 10 hours

What you can't see here is that the all leaves have the rough, thorn-like edges and texture...as close as I could get

I think they are great, but the only way you're going to get it just right is to come here and dive.

Come on out .. you will be so distracted that you almost won't notice the cold water :D

Awesome job you have done ! I like them all :)

Great kelp pics too, I have this one that I love but unfortunatly I got it from searching Kelp Forest pics in yahoo a long time ago and I do not know where it came from
divekelp.jpg

I do have a So Cal Kelp Diver logbook stamp ...

So_Cal_25mm.jpg

I think I want a couple of shirts too

Quite cold. :) Looks great! I love the redesigned kelp! Getting one for both myself and my husband..... Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom