California Kelp Divers T-Shirts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muddiver:
Dude, he's in Hawaii. I'm supprised he didn't use Taro leaves in the background or add Plumaria flowers on the goldfish.

How many guys do you know named leesa? :crafty:...and gold fish?

justleesa:
ok, first one just shows the design with out "Texas" in it

kelpsquare.jpg

second...does this look better?

for-show.jpg

or do the leaves have to be wider?

Yes, leaves a little wider. Think sugar cane or palm fron growing out of an olive on a piece of green surical tubing.

I'm going through my pictures, trying to find some that show kelp the way it really looks. I took these, so if any of these help, go for it:

IMG_2533-crop.jpg

IMG_0404-crop.jpg

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

Upright kelp stalks tend to be a bit "bulkier" than you've been showing them.

I've received some pms with pics and looking at these here.....If I see right, in the bulk-ie groups there are more than one vines? the leaves are unevenly spaced and the bulbs range from roundish to more oval? close and widely spaced leave/bulbs...and some times the bulbs are the same color of the leaves (gradiant) and other times you have golden bulbs and darker green leaves? yeah?

Yes, and as you can see the bladders (bulbs) tend to pull the vines up in a close colum, in calm water, that ends up looking like a palm tree with frons all the way down the trunk. Sort of.

If there is a current the whole thing leans to one side and the leaves all fan out to the lee side of the column.

The whole thing is one color. The bulbs look different depending on where the light is coming from. If it is behind the kelp the bulbs look lighter, if light from the side you are on it will all look one color.

justleesa:
How many guys do you know named leesa? :crafty:...and gold fish?

My humble apologies for the gender malfunction. I was still stuck on responding to Compu"Dude" when I typed that.

Garabaldi - Goldfish - Hey they are all orange and look like Damsel Fish. I do think that Goldfish are smarter though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom