Calif. gray whale shot with machine gun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You dont have any clue about whaling, do you?
Do you even know how a harpoon works?
Yes. It's got a sharp end and a blunt end. You stick the sharp end in the whale....:eyebrow:

(You really need to read the WHOLE thread in context before you start flaming people! :wink: I'm fairly sure there are many people on this board who would consider the use of modern exploding harpoons "culturally inappropriate". This tribe doesn't live in Norway ya now! :blinking:)

Yes. It's got a sharp end and a blunt end. You stick the sharp end in the whale....:eyebrow:

(You really need to read the WHOLE thread in context before you start flaming people! :wink: I'm fairly sure there are many people on this board who would consider the use of modern exploding harpoons "culturally inappropriate". This tribe doesn't live in Norway ya now! :blinking:)
The "modern" harpoon was invented in 1860.. Im sure theid get away with it fairly easy...

The "modern" harpoon was invented in 1860.. Im sure theid get away with it fairly easy...
So....is this a "toggle point" harpoon? I think you're missing a cultural point here.

Personally it's not one that I agree with - as I already made clear in my first point.

IF you're going to kill whales then do it properly. As you quite correctly pointed out, a properly placed explosive harpoon can kill a whale instantaneously. That is absolutely not what's happening here - in fact it's forbidden. (Hard to mount one on a canoe as well!)

I know this is going to make some sick and me to. But, make the Indians that killed the whale eat it when and if they find the dead whale. I was there (refer to earlier post) and it was most sicking. I really don't think we need a commercial whaling out fit masked as Makaw Indian tribe. I don't care how the Indians kill the whale.

So....is this a "toggle point" harpoon? I think you're missing a cultural point here.

Personally it's not one that I agree with - as I already made clear in my first point.

IF you're going to kill whales then do it properly. As you quite correctly pointed out, a properly placed explosive harpoon can kill a whale instantaneously. That is absolutely not what's happening here - in fact it's forbidden. (Hard to mount one on a canoe as well!)
Now thats of course a practical challenge.. The canoe from hell!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom