Calculate top off mixtures for Trimix and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have a program to calculate top off mixtures for existing Trimix or Nitrox and also gives equivalent narcotic depth and PO2's? I am using a Nitrox stick so I want to be able to do top off using the stick versus PP filling method. If there is no program does anyone have the match calculations or excel files?

I would suggest getting a copy of VPlanner, it has a very nice tank mix/top off program included. I haven't investigated whether it has PO2 data, since I just look it up in a table, but I do know you can set your PO2 limits while working up your plan and it will tell you if you exceeded them.

John

Oxygen Hackers Guide has all of the math you need. If I remember correctly there are instructions on how to calculate top ups using gas other that air.

DSAT do a very nice piece of gas-blending software that will calculate top-ups and give you ENDs, EADs, MODs etc. I'm sure PADI will happily sell you a copy...

If all else fails, I wrote an Excel spreadsheet which can do this for you. If you want it, PM me and I will e-mail it to you.

Thanks Danobee, I have a blackberry by Verizon. I am not sure if ideco wprks with it but I will check.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom