Trip Report Cabo San Lucas (Manta Scuba Diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm planning a trip to Cabo in May and choosing between diving with Dive Cabo or Manta dive.
Seems like you had a good experience with Manta. How far in advance did you book your trip? Is it possible to just turn up at the dive shop a day or two before?

We wound up diving with Dive Cabo in January (and not Manta as I thought we would,) Liked that they stayed true to their schedule of diving CSL bay a couple of days a week and the Corridor a couple of days a week. Called them the first day we arrived and scheduled our first day of diving - scheduled another day while we were there at the shop and I called another day to schedule. Easy to find - just told taxi driver or Uber driver (Uber much much cheaper) to take us to Tesoro Hotel, which is the building the dive op is located in. It’s on the marina side a short walk from the boat.

Liked that, if they had 2 levels of divers, they took a 2nd boat out. DM always had a GoPro taking some pics which the op shares with you if you have an iPhone (airdrop) - thought that was nice for people that wanted pictures to take home - no charge! Only negative, for me, was when they ask you to arrive, we could count on not getting on the boat until at least ½ hour later; they were efficient on getting boat ready but slow in checking people in and fitting people with gear that didn’t have their own (just stayed patient and enjoyed the view of the bay while waiting.)

Have a great time when you go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom