Cabo San Lucas in Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This year our water has been warmer than usual. Yesterday it was 81. The water stays warm until the end of January...So it could cool off the the 70's. But the diving is so fun here. It's likeg jumping into a huge aquarium. I can customize your dives for you and it would just be your group. We only do private tours for about the same price. You don't have the hassle of beginners and advanced and classes on the same boat....Call me at 479-935-9678 and if my Mom answers be patient...she's 83. I have lived here 20 years in Cabo and can help you in any way.
Thanks....Donna

What is Cabo like in Feb temp. wise? Is it warm enough to escape the winter freeze we will be in at that time of the year?
Lastly, how does the diving rate compared to Cozumel?

Thanks,
Steve

Hey Steve;
Cabo is way warmer than Ontario in Feb..... We own a timeshare in Feb and go often, but I have traded it in the last couple years and gone to the CAncun side (Puerto Aventuras and Akumal) JUST for the diving! We love Cabo (but the diving on the Caribbean side is way better), in Feb it will be warm during the day, but cool in the evening, I have to wear a light jacket in the evening, and the ocean temp will be in the 60s. The diving in Cabo is good for big sea life, the vis is usually just ok, and there really isn't much soft coral to speak of, but the sea lions are really awesome if they decide to come play with you. I would wear a 7mm and a hood!
Do a search on this site and you will find out that the water is cooler in Feb and has less visibility than Oct/Nov.
I dive Cabo every chance I get but I don't go to Cabo just for the diving, we go because we have a whole bunch of NONdiving friends who go there and we like to holiday with them.
Have fun! Choco

PS.. I was in Puerto AVenturas in Jan 08 and the water temp was 81 degrees, calm and excellent vis. We dove out of Playa Del Carmen too, the seas were a bit choppy but still excellent diving!! Also, if you do happen upon a day too bad to dive the ocean, go dive the Cenotes!!!

I forgot to add that in talking with the DMs in Cabo, the diving is good until about mid Nov to late Nov and then the ocean "changes" and it gets cooler and the particulate matter increases. I don't remember why they said it happens, it just does, and the water seems greener too.

I'm heading to Cabo in January and from the comments here, it sounds like heaven compared to diving in Monterey, CA during the best conditions!
I am looking for a good dive company that is near the cruise ship docks. Any info there?

I'm heading to Cabo in January and from the comments here, it sounds like heaven compared to diving in Monterey, CA during the best conditions!
I am looking for a good dive company that is near the cruise ship docks. Any info there?
Baja Dive is close when you exit the cruise ship boarding area just look across the marina and you will see a tan colored resort they are on the far left side. there is a large Dive flag on frount. web site is www.baja-dive.net
They use a large boat but dont over pack it.great Dive masters.

FYI, Amigos Del Mar dive op is about 50 steps from the cruise ship dock, just look for the Dolphin Experience and they are in the mall next to that. Their boat is docked about 30 steps from the cruise ship dock. I use them every time I go to Cabo.
Oh, another thing, look at the website for any dive op you are considering and look at their boat, a lot of the DO use a panga (water taxi) that has no room for your stuff and is difficult to get back in to. Have fun.

Does anyone have any other recommendations on dive operators? Any preferences for Amigos del Mar or Manta Scuba? Thanks.

We went to Cabo this past August and had some of the best dives ever. The schools of fish are by the thousands! We had a close encounter with a sea lion and our DM took us to a seahorse. Here are some photos!

Attachments

• Cabo 1.jpg
    Cabo 1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Cabo 2.jpg
    Cabo 2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 53
  • Cabo 5.jpg
    Cabo 5.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Cabo 4.jpg
    Cabo 4.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Cabo 6.jpg
    Cabo 6.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Cabo 9.jpg
    Cabo 9.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Cabo 3.jpg
    Cabo 3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Cabo 7.jpg
    Cabo 7.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Cabo 8.jpg
    Cabo 8.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 48
Thanks for sharing the pics. I needed a Cabo infusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom