Cabo Pulmo/La Paz vs. Socorro liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hop in a slightly older thread.

I’m making my every-other-year trip to the US in October, and am looking at adding in 5 days or so of diving somewhere fairly accessible via flight from the family home. Caribbean is hurricane season, so there are some limits there.

Would you recommend CSL/CP/LP, or suggest I look somewhere else?

Just me probably, so at the mercy of the group.

Cabo Pulmo is a good choice in October and if your home is in the western US it's likely to be a relatively short flight to San Jose del Cabo, then about a 90 minute drive or ride to Cabo Pulmo.

My thoughts… if you could see the same things land based or on a liveaboard that’s close by, why would anyone spend the time money and effort to go to san benedicto, Socorro and roca partida?

I just got back from a week on the Socorro aggressor and I am already waiting for another sale. We got on the boat for $2621 pp and we had an amazing time with a great crew and crazy amounts of wildlife. If you have the ability to wait, you can get it even cheaper.

Here is a link to my trip review and my video link.

Cabo Pulmo/La Paz vs. Socorro liveaboard

I've dove Cabo Pulmo 1x and done the Socorro, San Benedicto, Clarion,... liveaboard 4x. Just saying. :)

With working in the Persian gulf, and a pregnant wife my time is very limited to no more than one week... either 6-13 or 13-20 October.

That’s why I asked...

Then Cabo Pulmo is good choice.

October is the time of the year I would go. I’ve been there 3x (2011, 2013, 2015), before going to Socorro (2018). Socorro is no doubt is much better than Cabo Pulmo, hands down. However, Cabo Pulmo is still better than Cabo San Lucas or any other places in Caribbean where I have been diving (Bonaire, Cayman Beach, Utila, Tobago, Isla Mujeres).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom