cabo in dec.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, good to know, thanks!

Is my 7mm wetsuit going to be too warm for Cabo, or can I get away with it? I suppose I could always go hoodless, if that's safe, to keep the temps down. Perhaps not, with the jellies, though?

It is not jelly season right now so going without a hood/gloves/boots is no problem. There might be the occasional one floating around, but nothing that will get you if you are paying attention to where you are going. A 7mm will be fine, and you won't overheat. The vis has been down the last couple days, but it finally starting to clear up a bit again getting closer to the end of the month.

big jay 07:
Thanks for the info does the amigo boat have a dive platform on or a ladder? Yes we are bringing a full 5 mill . Jay

Sorry late reply, busy with Christmas.... Amigos del Mar has a dive platform on the back of the boat. We usually giant stride off and then swim up to the small platform, take off stuff and then climb a short ladder from the platform into the boat.

For places to stay, try Sol Mar.. it is an older resort close to Amigos Del Mar that is quiet, well kept, nice pools and good food (good value). It is on the Pacific side so no swimming from the beach, but no beach vendors either. It is about a 5 to 10 minute walk from Sol Mar to downtown Cabo. Sol Mar is not a party place, more like 40ish 50ish people who have been going there for years. the Finisterra is on the same beach about the same age as Sol Mar and is my second choice, has nicer pools than SolMar. HAVE FUN.

As mentioned by conquestscuba, I definitely prefer San Jose del Cabo for the cultural aspects and authentic Mexican food. Cabo San Lucas tends to be more Americanized. If you have time, it's also worth the trip to Cabo Pulmo. The trip itself is a scenic adventure if you're driving from Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo. If you like art, you can check out Todos Santos. There are some great tours into the desert and mountains including ATV tours. Of course, the area does have many golf resorts and is known for world-class fishing. See my other posting.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2531512&postcount=18

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom