cabo in dec.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll try and post some info when we get back if I find any good spots. I'm in the dark here, and hope to find some good places while where there. leaving in 2 days. wooohoooo

I loved the site called Blowhole, just outside the main bay, where I saw a humpback, this was in march a few years ago. Would love to hear what the water temp is like as I will be there the second week in Jan. Curious what effect El Niño has had if any. Last I checked it seemed to be a fairly minor one this year.

I enjoyed diving with Manta, last September. Good, safe dive op, friendly and very helpful, knowlegable crew. They also offer day trips to the more northerly sites. I highly recommend them.

My wife and I are considering coming down to Cabo for the second week in January. Any recommendations of good places to stay? Anyone know how long the flight is from LAX? Are there any all inclusives down there, or is a la carte the best/only way to go? Just had to cancel our Jamaica vacation, so we're kinda bummed, but hoping to have some fun in Cabo instead. :)

I will be down in Cabo for a week starting this Friday. I look forward to checking out the Sea of Cortez! After researching the various dive shops, I booked my dives with Manta. I will be sure to post a report when I get back!

Hi CompuDude,

My personal favorite is the Twin Dolphin http://www.twindolphin.com/ . Small, personal, intimate, exclusive. Not all-inclusive, but have a dining package and the restaurant is super.

Lots of all-inclusives of varying quality in Cabo:

http://www.loscabosguide.com/hotels/inclusive.htm

The Grand Baja All Suite Resort & Spa is very nice, although it's in San Jose del Cabo, about a 30 minute drive from Cabo San Lucas.

Flight time from LAX to Los Cabos Int'l is about 2 1/2 hrs.

Helpful?

Happy holidays.

DocVikingo

VERY helpful, Doc, thanks! I have a lot of reading to do. :)

Has anyone stayed at Pueblo Bonito? Just saw it poking around online, and it looked pretty nice. (Not all-inclusive or particularly dive-oriented, but that works well with the wife since she doesn't dive yet.)

The snorkeling offered at your Twin Dolphin place might be an added bonus, however, as it would be nice to get her into the water at least a little bit.

Hey, as long as we're at it, is there anything to do topside that doesn't involve fishing or golf? Anything cultural, natural, etc. for the little lady?

My first post on this scuba board :) We offer all types of dive trips from our dive boat. We don't use the conventional old/small mexican panga method, and have a 44' Pacifica for lots of comfort. All our gear is Cressi, ScubaPro regs, and Pinnacle 3/5/7 mm wetsuits. We also include a tour of the area during surface intervals, have water, sport drinks, boxed lunch (vegetarian options also available), all included in the price. Our website is still underconstruction, but can be found at conquestadventures.com. If you have any questions you can call our U.S. skype numbers @ 619-822-1899, or of you are in mexico +52.624.142.4709.

CompuDude:
Hey, as long as we're at it, is there anything to do topside that doesn't involve fishing or golf? Anything cultural, natural, etc. for the little lady?
There is a lot more cultural things to do in San Jose del Cabo, which is 20 minutes from Cabo. Here there is an art district, the church, town square, tons of that type of stuff. Its also more laid back and not a hustle and bustle always trying to sell you something that Cabo has become.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom