Cabo - Gordo Banks Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, SFScuba, hdtran, & Jcsgt.

I don't own a wet suit; can I rent one from the dive operator?

Barry

Yes, all dive ops will rent wetsuits. Of course, no one has ever performed #1 in a rental! (Let alone their personally-owned exposure protection :wink: )

I think cameras are about the only thing that you may not be able to rent.

When we went To cabo pulmo Baja Dive picked us up from the Presidente Hotel and droped us off. We had a great Dive and lunch on the beach after. they will also pick up for Gordo bank diving.november is at the end of the season for Gordo Banks and Pulmo starts getting rough that tim of year. Good Diving.

Baja:
When we went To cabo pulmo Baja Dive picked us up from the Presidente Hotel and droped us off. We had a great Dive and lunch on the beach after. they will also pick up for Gordo bank diving.november is at the end of the season for Gordo Banks and Pulmo starts getting rough that tim of year. Good Diving.

Sherman,

If that's you, I agree that Baja Dive is a nice shop, but I also think it's cheesy to give yourself a pat-on-the-back without saying that it's your shop!

Hy Tran

My thoughts, exactly, hdtran!

PaulChristenson:
http://diver.net/seahunt/d_cabo.htm

Read this thread for qualifications of the above recommendation...:D

http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?searchid=2841839

I was able to read the first thread, but not the second link. So, the first thread doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about Gordo. Is it safe to assume that it is hit or miss whether you will see much of anything there? I realize larger pelagics are definitely rare anywhere you go. But, are there schools of tuna etc to see at Gordo as well? David's trip report sounded interesting, but not amazing and Paul, the link you provided did not seem to provide much detail other than it was a deep dive - am I missing something?

Someone mentined that Cabo Pulmo gets rough in November. Anything that we need to worry about? Or will we still be able to dive? We're staying up in CP during that portion of our trip.

Thanks all!

In September of 2005 I had a dive operator in Cabo talk me out of a trip to Gordo Banks. He said he would be happy to take me there, but all his DM would probably be able to show me was some sand. I was greatful he turned down a substantial chunk of money, and talked me into a less expensive trip to Cabo Pulmo.

SFScuba:
I was able to read the first thread, but not the second link. So, the first thread doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about Gordo. Is it safe to assume that it is hit or miss whether you will see much of anything there? I realize larger pelagics are definitely rare anywhere you go. But, are there schools of tuna etc to see at Gordo as well? David's trip report sounded interesting, but not amazing and Paul, the link you provided did not seem to provide much detail other than it was a deep dive - am I missing something?

Someone mentined that Cabo Pulmo gets rough in November. Anything that we need to worry about? Or will we still be able to dive? We're staying up in CP during that portion of our trip.

Thanks all!

I'm hinting that a trip down the coast isn't all bad...:D

Back
Top Bottom