Cabo area diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyhigh123

Reaction score
Me and a Buddy will be heading to Cabo in early July.

We have 1 free day to do diving anywhere and should be back to cabo around 6pm.

Can you guys help suggest what to do. We can either stay local and dive or I don't mind a drive but i should be back by the later afternoon that same day.

I would love to see some hammerheads, but of course, time permits.

I'm not an experienced diver, but i am adventerous.

Also, if you can recommend a good dive op, i prefer smaller groups.

Thanks!

Hello Divers.I would Dive the local spots in close to Cabo your not going to get a better Dive just by Driving farther.
You have the Sand Falls, Neptunes Finger,Lands End with its Sea Lions Colony and Ship Wreck and three great Wall Dives.You will see more Tropical Marine Life here than any Dive in Mexico.Local Dives are just 4 hours for a two tank Dive so the boats leave at 9.00am and return at 1.00pm and you will still have time to do somthing else like check out Medano Beach.
The Hammerheads are at Gordo Banks a 110 foot Dive and requires a advanced Cert.and its not for sure you will see them.
I Dive with Baja Dive great shop in the Tesoro Los Cabos Resort thay take small groups 4 to 6 Divers they have been in Cabo 14 years and have a great safty record.
www.scubadivingcabosanlucas.net or email cooldiver2@yahoo.com
There is a different Shop using the name of Baja Dive Center that showed up in cabo this last few mounths this should not be confused with the orginal Baja Dive. It is not the same business.

if you had to chose a 2 tank dive, what sites would you recommend?

i did my OW with Traun Lynch (caboticket.com). Great guy and he dives through TIO Sports on Medano Beach. Their boat in near Cabo Dolphins. Traun is a Tazmanian transplanted to Cabo.

A must Dive is Peligan Rock because you can see the Sand Falls and the North Wall on one tank this Dive is like jumping into a fish tank.
I really like the Last Rock where the Sea lions Colony and the Ship Wreck are. Sometimes there are Giant Schools of small fish that are so big that they block out the Sun.

I would Dive Peligan Rock where the Sand Falls are located this a great wall where there are lots of fish, Mirco life and sometimes small White Tip Sharks come to hide out.
Then Last Rock where the Sea Lions Colony and The Shipwreck are.Some times there are schools of small fish that swim in circles these schools are so big that they block out the Sun.

I've been diving with Amigos Del Mar for about 12 years. Great crew, comfortable boats, and usually small groups. If you want to see hammerheads then Gorda Banks trip may be what your looking for. However you can spend all day going out there and not see anything exciting, or you may see schooling hammerheads or even a whale shark. If it's going to be your only dive I would opt for a local dive, or an across the bay trip.

Cabo San Lucas Scuba Diving - Scuba Diving Cabo San Lucas - Amigos del Mar
or
Amigos de Amigos del Mar de Los Cabos | Facebook

thanks guys for the tips!

pelican rock sounds good... are there any corals or sea fauna in this area?

what is the difference between across bay and closer areas? would you chose across bay over closer?

I liked Peligan Rock there were lots of Sea fans all colors yellow purple green some were very big.Plus there are more fish there than any place I ever Dove before.
The local spots are way better Dives than going across the bay but if you Dive three or more Days then think about going to the outer Dive spots.
We dove with a shop called Baja Dive they have a great bunch of guys and girls working there.
I think this there tel. No. 011-52-624-1437659

Back
Top Bottom