Cabilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
Anyways, is there a way to get to Cabilao from Cebu City/ Mactan? Given my tight schedule, I'll need to probably arrange a van and private bangka (if the resorts provide this service). Speaking of resorts, anyone recommend a particular place there?

I would recommend Polaris. I stayed there about a year and a half ago and it was much nicer looking than the other two resorts. Rooms were huge and very clean. The food was good as well. They can also arrange transport for you to/from Cebu City or Mactan. Most likely they will use a private banka from Cabilao to Argao (nearest town on Cebu) and then a van from there to Cebu City or Mactan. The whole trip takes about 2 hours each way. There's also a public banka that runs once or twice a week from Argao to a town on Bohol close to Cabilao (I don't remember the exact name off hand). I have no idea how reliable the public banka is, but if you take it, Polaris should be able to pick you up from Bohol pretty easily.

:O i really am giving you the finger now, pak.

i do not hang out at BA, not the bar especially! i dive with their dive staff! big difference there. hmph.

back to the topic, i suggest u go from cebu to tagbilaran first. and then from tagbilaran to cabilao. polaris resort can arrange pick up from tagbilaran. actually, there are no shortages of taxi around tagbilaran to drop u to anda (jump off point to cabilao)

no difficulty renting a banca from alona to cabilao. they might charge u a fortune though.

edit: oh wait, money is no problem for you.

pakman:
sorry I try not to associate with women who hang out at Big Apple...:rofl3: :rofl3:

just kiddin Mags!

rhadamantus:

i do not hang out at BA, not the bar especially! i dive with their dive staff! big difference there. hmph.

back to the topic, i suggest u go from cebu to tagbilaran first. and then from tagbilaran to cabilao. polaris resort can arrange pick up from tagbilaran. actually, there are no shortages of taxi around tagbilaran to drop u to anda (jump off point to cabilao)

no difficulty renting a banca from alona to cabilao. they might charge u a fortune though.

edit: oh wait, money is no problem for you.
can you now take the finger back?

rhadamantus:

Mags, :rofl3: just teasing ya...

thanks for the transportation info though... but roughly how long does it take from Tagbilaran to Cabilao door to door?

Manhattandiver -thanks as well. If it's just 2hrs door to door, maybe I'll arrange the private transfer.

pak, Loon (the jump off point) is 25 kilometers from tagbilaran. from there, it takes 45 minutes to reach cabilao island.

i suggest you jump to a ferry from cebu to tagbilaran, get polaris to pic you up there. from tagbilaran pier, it'l take you about an hour and 10 minutes to reach cabilao.

but if they can pick u up direct from Cebu, it would be more convenient for you i guess.

clgsamson:
ummm Mike, don't forget to take the finger with you...

you mean give it back...

I've finished cleaning out my belly button of lint with it...:D

OK, now that my belly button is clear of lint, I can get this back on topic...

One person recommended Polaris, but room availability is currently lmited.

Anyone been to la Estrella, Cabilao Beach Club, or any of the other resorts?

Also, what were you favorite dives?

rhadamantus:
i mean, what does it matter to drink the beers with a couple of beer-bellied retired caucasians? i mean, u can always share a beer with the girly girls in sabang some other time!

now you've hurt my feelings :( just lumping all us caucasians together....beer bellies and all.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom