Cabilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, my travel plans are all over the place. Possible Nepal trip for Easter long weekend turns into a trip to Tokyo only to be shot down by the outrageous prices on the holiday weekend. So it's back to the PI... :D

I went ahead and booked a flight to Cebu (or I think I did on PAL's website... more on this later...). I don't have much time, reckon 2-3 days diving. Have already been to Malapascua, Dauin (Dumaguete), Alona/ Balicasag, and Southern Leyte. Initially I was thinking of heading back to Alona Beach, but then I started to think maybe I'd give Cabilao a shot. Some folks in my local dive club just came back from a dive safari over Feb. and had good things to say about the diving there.

Anyways, is there a way to get to Cabilao from Cebu City/ Mactan? Given my tight schedule, I'll need to probably arrange a van and private bangka (if the resorts provide this service). Speaking of resorts, anyone recommend a particular place there?

I would think, if you have 2-3 diving days then you should have no problem getting a day trip to Cabilao from Alona Beach at least on one of those days. I have seen bangkas from Cebu City at Cabilao, should be easy to day trip from there also. Guess it depends if you want a quiet beach or the big city after diving...

Sorry to hear you have to settle for the PI as a third choice for your next trip...sometimes life is so cruel

third choice, hah!

pak, transpo to cabilao shouldnt be a problem. jump in to a ferry to tagbilaran and then take any of the taxi waiting at the pier to take you to Loon (jumpoff point to Cabilao). They have usually standard prices in transportation there but you can always haggle (not that there is a need to in your case, really, but...)

there are three resorts that operate in the island but i only know about the two : Polaris and La estrella . the third is something like cabilao island resort or something :wink:.

Kupu:
Sorry to hear you have to settle for the PI as a third choice for your next trip...sometimes life is so cruel

thanks Kupu.. :rofl3:... horrible isn't it :D maybe it makes more sense to head out to alona. Figure the transfer is easier with the fast ferries.

Mike Veitch:
maybe maggie can go with you...

carry my luggage?:no that petite little thang? my camera case probably weights more than she does!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom