Cab Fare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... 8 people in a large van for $15 total.... or 8 people in the shuttle at $8 each. $15 vs. $64.

That $49 would just about buy all of us lunch at Ernesto's. That shuttle ride might be fun, but it certainly isn't $49 worth of fun.

-Charles

Hmmm... 8 people in a large van for $15 total.... or 8 people in the shuttle at $8 each. $15 vs. $64.

That $49 would just about buy all of us lunch at Ernesto's. That shuttle ride might be fun, but it certainly isn't $49 worth of fun.

-Charles

But split that $49 amongst 8 people, that's about 6 bucks apiece. To each his own, but I wouldn't haul all the luggage I bring to Cozumel for 2 weeks of diving and fishing 100 yards out to the street in the noonday sun where there's maybe a cab for six bucks. I'm on vacation and that's too much like work! ;^)

Im with you Gordon !

And who knows how long you cold end up standing out there waiting for a taxi van. They are not lined up as it's not a taxi site, so you just have to be lucky and catch one going by. I think for this big event and the money involved, this is a trivial expense :D and it's been a LONG time since you could get lunch for $6 at Ernesto's! Realistically, it's more like $10pp...but that's neither here nor there!

Can't wait to see y'all...it's really creeping up!!!!!

Relatively speaking - Earnestos is EXPENSIVE !!!

I CANT WAIT - It'll be here before you know it :) Just finishing up on the invitations !

And who knows how long you cold end up standing out there waiting for a taxi van.

I do. Done it dozens of times. I've never waited because they see us walking up the road. The taxi is there waiting for us before we even get to the circle.

-Charles

I do. Done it dozens of times. I've never waited because they see us walking up the road. The taxi is there waiting for us before we even get to the circle.

-Charles

Good for you, you must have impeccable timing. But to each is own and the OP already said she didn't want to do the bag drag for a nominal savings.

But split that $49 amongst 8 people, that's about 6 bucks apiece. To each his own, but I wouldn't haul all the luggage I bring to Cozumel for 2 weeks of diving and fishing 100 yards out to the street in the noonday sun where there's maybe a cab for six bucks. I'm on vacation and that's too much like work! ;^)

So how did you get all that stuff to the airport in the first place? :wink:

To the OP, I checked on Expedia to Park Royal and they charge $22 RT, that's $11 each way. That may be a buck or two more for the shuttle but hardly a ripoff, looks like a standard and reasonable commission. Of course, you can take a taxi back to the airport for the return trip and save even more if you have several in your group.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 27
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom