Cab Fare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the taxi fare from the airport (via the vans) is to Park Royal? I have a group coming in June and via travelocity, expedia, orbitz they all have an option to pay in advance for the transportation but $26 per person each way seems to me like a rip off . I vaguly remember it being cheaper than that, am I correct?

Can someone please tell me what the taxi fare from the airport (via the vans) is to Park Royal? I have a group coming in June and via travelocity, expedia, orbitz they all have an option to pay in advance for the transportation but $26 per person each way seems to me like a rip off . I vaguly remember it being cheaper than that, am I correct?

I am 90% sure it is $8 per person Becky...and definitely not more than $10 per person

Not to pick nits, but it's the shuttle fares you mean, right? Taxis cannot pick up passengers at the airport.

But yes, $26 per person each way is a tremendous ripoff. It's at least double what it should be, especially for the return trip. We typically get a taxi grande from Caribe Blu (which is not far from the Park Royal) to the airport for about $15 for 4 of us. Call it $20 and it's still $5 per person.

Becky,

You can get a taxi from the airport but you'll have to be willing to walk a little. Head out of the airport and bear to your right. Walk up the road to the traffic circle. Before you even get there a taxi will be waiting. We always do this and if a big van isn't there they'll radio one for you.

$15 should get the whole crew plus baggage unless you're headed down towards El Presidente which will be a little more.

-Charles

I noticed the same thing with travelocity on our Dec trip to the Occidental Grand. Travelocity wanted about $45 per person RT which we declined. The Van to the hotel was about $15 each and the taxi back to the AP was about $25 for both.

Becky,

You can get a taxi from the airport but you'll have to be willing to walk a little. Head out of the airport and bear to your right. Walk up the road to the traffic circle. Before you even get there a taxi will be waiting. We always do this and if a big van isn't there they'll radio one for you.

$15 should get the whole crew plus baggage unless you're headed down towards El Presidente which will be a little more.

-Charles
DSFDF, but personally, I don't mind the shuttle ride at all. I even enjoy it; I'm crammed in there with a bunch of other folks who are all jazzed about just arriving on Cozumel. Spirits are high, and sometimes there is a burst of applause when we top that little rise and get our first glimpse of the water. Traveling light is not in our vocabulary, either; schlepping all that equipaje 100 yards out to the street is not my idea of fun.

DSFDF, but personally, I don't mind the shuttle ride at all. I even enjoy it; I'm crammed in there with a bunch of other folks who are all jazzed about just arriving on Cozumel. Spirits are high, and sometimes there is a burst of applause when we top that little rise and get our first glimpse of the water. Traveling light is not in our vocabulary, either; schlepping all that equipaje 100 yards out to the street is not my idea of fun.

I had to laugh .... that's pretty much how I feel. Although you're crammed in like sardines, it's kind of fun, and often some good conversations start up. It is nice to share the initial 'We're Here!' excitiment - even with total strangers! :D

I agree with Diver Kat and ggunn. The crammed in group in the shuttle vans is fun. It's a way to get a glimpse of each of the hotel drop offs AND I look forward to seeing some of the same people at the end of the week back at the airport where we get to share our week with each other. I'm always all cheers when we get that first glimpse of the water too, but I'm also the one with wet tears rolling down my cheeks when I can no longer see it when headed back to the airport at the end of the week. I've never done the bag drag out to the road to catch a taxi, but with 2 bags and a carry on and a child in tow, that's doesn't sound like an easy juggle.

With your big group, you will fill up one shuttle easily, so it won't make much a difference as far as loosing time dropping off others.... I hope you have a blast!

We got back a couple of weeks ago and from the airport to Fiesta Americana was $9 for 2 people. I agree with Christie - $8 should cover it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom