C8 LED rechargeable battery Pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scooba_steve

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested in making my own rechargeable battery pack. the design seems simple but i was just wondering if anyone has made one. Some if the questions that i have, have to do with the contact plate incorporation and the tab on the top that completes the circuit at the front near the led head.

Anyone have some tips for me before i get started?
thanks ahead.

Steve

I don't know the exact details, but an inductive voltage regulator is a must for making battery packs. You could use off the shelf rechargeable "C" batteries and then use the regulator to bump the voltage up to working level (12 volts?). My cousin is doing this for me on my father's Nemo 4300. I will post more when I know more.
You can also buy pre-made 12 volt rechargeable packs, possibly from your local toy store, some RC vehicles use 12 volt packs for power. You just might need to reposition the cells within the pack. If you know how to soldier this should be easy, remember, use a heatsink or the battery will explode.
-H

you could make a battery pack but why not just use rechargeable batterys it will be cheaper and you can service the cells better. I build rc tracks as well and i have built battery packs but the cells i use take lots of conditioning to keep in shape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom