C5060 Accessory Setting Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Yuchnovicz

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The Manual states to selsect accessory setting for an extrernal lens or housing, but does not explain what the settings do. Anybody know or can point to more detail that I overlooked on page 119?
thx again!
Dan

I put this question allready
now, I have the answer, from another forum and from Olympus in Europe :

When using a conversion lens or an underwater case the "AF illuminator"
is obstructed (by the lens or case), then the function "accessory"
desactivates the AF function and adjusts the camera settings, according
it is a conversion lens or underwater case, to work without it.

You can also check this web site for the PT-020 and its accessories:
http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/d_stills/olympus/pt_020/index.html

Thanks!
I should heve checked the archives first! Sorry!
I was going to disable the Auto Focus illiminator anyway. Interesting that Oly would put that in the accessory menu and not simply state to disable AF illumination for u/w applications. The DS125 strobes have a buiilt in modeling light (tourch) which allows the AF to work well on a night dive.
Dan

I've had good results using the AF illuminator (Oly 5050) on night dives. I'm using the camera's integral flash - no external strobes.

I found that using my dive light to illuminate the subject resulted in a notable hotspot in the picture. If I point the dive light away I get total darkness on my subject. I use the AF illuminator to help aim the camera, then take the shot. It normally works fairly well.

I've posted this several times....

If you'll line the reflector cup of your dive light with wrinkled alum. foil, it will disperse the light and you'll avoid that hot spot.

not convinced about it disabling the red illuminator. mine is in 'fish' mode and the AF illuminator is still operative in all AF modes.

devilgas:
not convinced about it disabling the red illuminator. mine is in 'fish' mode and the AF illuminator is still operative in all AF modes.
Yeah, agree with you. It seems too simplistic an explanation to provide a separate menu with 3 selectable options.

Yup I don't think it turns off the AF illuminator either. I always have the accessory mode on and the illuminator scrared the life out of a pair of mandarin fish recently

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom