(C)ESA incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aowdan

Contributor
Reaction score
Selma, Lawd, Selma, Alabama (you know, 13 National
# of dives
100 - 199
Just a note to anyone who thinks that CESA's aren't worth much.

Saturday while diving drysuits and full facemask's (for training), I had my supply hose come off the regulator. Luckily, I was only at 35 feet, so it wasn't to big of a deal getting back to the surface. Still, after 14 years of diving, this was the first time i've had an emergency. I'm glad I handled it "fairly" well. My dive buddy (diverdan007) said I went up to fast, but from my point of view, everything was VERY slow motion and I thought i'd never get to the surface!

dano

Glad you're OK! How did the hose come off?

The only diver who regularly dives a full-face mask while out with us carries a standard octo and mask. With those two bits, he can donate or accept shared air just like any other diver. (It won't work in all situations, but for someone just diving a FFM because they like it better, it works.)

I practice CESA's still from about 55 ft and up. Not having a bailout plan or a way to get air from a buddy is poor planning. Glad you're OK, lucky you weren't deeper.

like i said a little earlier, i normally have a spare air. i also usually have an extra mask in my right bc pocket. that would have been great to have. this was only my second day diving ffm. what an introduction huh? i've got many more dives coming up for this class and i WILL be more prepared next time.

thanks for the support folks

dano

thanks for posting...glad you're OK!!

Too fast????......you're alive and no harm done---I'm assuming......If that is the case,IMO, you did it just right........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom