C-52 Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an interest point the locals call the weck "The Sunk",I dove it twice last week.

Lots of fun.I know others that did it as a noght dive and said it was a blast.

The DM and myself did get into a deco obligation and the stop was "a little windy".

I dove with Plagic Adventures - Troy, a fellow Canadian.Highly entertaining and knowledgeable.Look him up.

Ron Brandt

I just got back from Cozumel Jan. 10 / 04. We did 5 two tank dives and one night dive from Jan. 4 - 8 We dove with sand dollars dive shop and stayed the reef club. The food is not the best and the walk to dive and dock from the rooms is a bit far. Diving was great still. Me and a buddy dove the C-53 wreck it was nice dive,the devil's throat was nice , it came out 130 feet deep,nice night dive, and 8 dives on the reefs. Wonderful diving.Reef club had a nice beach for our wives. I would sooner go to ( costa club ) now hotel cozumel I think thats the new name.

MasterMachinist

"I am going to Cancun Feb 8 and have never done a wreck dive. It's a short trip so only one day of diving. Do you recommend the wreck over a normal 2 tank day/night dive? I love to night dive but don't know if one dive is better then 2 day dives.
THANKS for your opinion

The C-53 is in Cozumel, not Cancun.

If you want to dive it, you either need to taxi/bus down to Playa del Carmen about an hour to the south, then ferry over to Coz on your own, or else go with one of the Cancun ops that arrange day trips to Coz. Either way you'll have to get assurance from the Coz dive op that they'll be diving the wreck on the day that you go. Obviously you can't just show up on Coz & expect to be taken to the C-53 unless you charter your own dive boat.

If you want to do a wreck dive, there are several that can be done off Cancun, and given your situation one of those might be more easily arranged through a local shop.

In any event, a wreck dive as part of a morning package won't be your only dive. You'll also do a reef dive.

Best of luck.

DocVikingo

iowachic:
"I am going to Cancun Feb 8 and have never done a wreck dive. It's a short trip so only one day of diving. Do you recommend the wreck over a normal 2 tank day/night dive? I love to night dive but don't know if one dive is better then 2 day dives.
THANKS for your opinion

If you are just diving one day I would chose a two tank reef dives over a single wreck or a single night dive. The wreck and night dives are nice put ewo reef dives would be better I think.

MasterMachinist

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom