C-52 Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocV forgot to mention that the ship is the former US Navy Minesweeper USS SCUFFLE. it won 5 battle stars for service in WWII.

I really didn't forget as my first paragarph reads:

"The Felipe Xicotencatl, or C-53, was built in Florida in 1944, donated to Mexico by the US in 1962 & retired from service in 1999, having variously served as a minesweeper, anti-drug patrol boat, search and rescue ship, troop transport & Mexican Naval Academy cadet training craft."

But your additional info is interesting.

Happy holidays.

DocVikingo

I can't pass up posting to this thread.
The C- 53 is my favorite dive. I had more fun on this dive, then any I have dove so far.

Well, then, we need to get you on the Thistlegorm in the Red Sea, Bianca C on Grenada, Adolphus Busch on the Keys, Duane & Bibb on the Keys, the Mikhail Lhermintov off the south island of New Zealand, the...

Happy holidays.

Doc

DocVikingo:
I really didn't forget as my first paragarph reads:

"The Felipe Xicotencatl, or C-53, was built in Florida in 1944, donated to Mexico by the US in 1962 & retired from service in 1999, having variously served as a minesweeper, anti-drug patrol boat, search and rescue ship, troop transport & Mexican Naval Academy cadet training craft."

But your additional info is interesting.

Happy holidays.

DocVikingo

Sorry, I just meant to add the US Navy name of the ship, which I thought was interesting. The US name never seems to get mentioned when people talk about the ship on the boards.
Bye the way my "nome de plume" is "HORNDOG" on Rodales. I always find your comments interesting and timely. I hope to meet you some day in COZ.
Best regards and happy new year.

DocVikingo:
Well, then, we need to get you on the Thistlegorm in the Red Sea, Bianca C on Grenada, Adolphus Busch on the Keys, Duane & Bibb on the Keys, the Mikhail Lhermintov off the south island of New Zealand, the...

Happy holidays.

Doc

Doc:
If had to pick only one..which one was your favorite?

Thanks for the info and pic's. I'm going there in Late Jan with Wreck Wench's group. I hope there planning to do this dive or i might just have to shore dive it with my buddy who ever thats going to be ?. maybe i can talk O'l DandyDon into a shore dive with me. But i think he is still Mad at me for borrowing some beer from him in NC.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom