Bypass or disconnect bauer securus system.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How old is this system, I have never seen one like it, without identifying the terminals in the Securus box. Doesn't mean we can't bypass it, it is just going to be a little more challenging than I originally thought. Do you have a meter that can measure voltage and continuity?

It is a 1985 model Capitano that was purchased through Spar Aerospace in western Canada as surplus. It had been in storage for a very long time but has low hours and is in good shape for its age. I'm not electronics genus but I do have a multi-meter and can follow instructions. I did map out the wiring and created a drawing in the hopes it would provide some answers, but I'm totally willing to work this through if your willing to help. I was considering just starting to disconnect one line at a time to see if the compressor would boot up but I'm not sure whether that would raise more issues. I've attached a pic of the entire compressor as I received it a few months ago...hopefully it may help some??

Attachments

• comp2.JPG
    comp2.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 149
I haven't forgotten about you, just need some free time. Probably Thursday or Friday.

Hi
cart 060031 is not one that i know but its still shown in the bauer price list.
securus unit N15094 is also shown in price list as a 190v to 250v version.

With the after market cart fitted you say i will not start. are any light on or flickering ?

Taken fron bauer book
from left to right terminals 1to7

T1- mains connection-phase
T2-mains connection-Mp
T3-system ground wire
T4 common
T5-contact green light
T6-contact red light
T7- contact yellow light

operation mode
normal green contact 4to5 closed 6&7 to 4 open
pre warning 4to 5 closed7to4 closed 5to4 open green&yellow blinking
shutoff 4to5 open 6to4 closed 7to 4open redblinking cart saturated
shut off as above but red continuous cable fault or cart missing

Another bit its in german but i read it as [motor cut off T4 T5

Before i go any further is red light on or flickering or not any red light on?

Thanx for getting back to me. When I use the old Bauer filter cartridge I get a flashing red light, which states "cartridge used up, change". When I install the new cartridge I get a solid red light, which states "Cable - or contact fault". In both states the compressor motor will not start...though it did run for awhile with the red light flashing. Hope that helps.
Just to let you know, I'm heading out to British Columbia later today and email and internet will be spotty for me for the next week or so. As such I may not be able to respond to you often enough...so I'm quite if you take your time with this for sure.

I'm looking at the picture with the terminals where the red wires are connected. They are labeled 1,2,3 and 4. Is there a transformer in the main box? Do any of the red wires go to the overload relay on the starter? Does the compressor start and run for a short period before it shuts down? Will you be comfortable checking voltage live?

Sorry for the very late reply Craig as I just got back from an extended trip to the west coast of Canada. If you can give me a day to catch up I'll review this and answer your questions. Yes I am comfortable making live voltage testing. The compressor does not start up at all, though sometimes the motor clicks and moves very slightly. It did run perfectly with the old/original Bauer filter but now that filter is expired and the securus system indicates replace filter and will not start...which is really what it is supposed to do. I'll get back to you quickly and thanx again.

Have you checked for continuity between the filter tower cap fitting on the outside and the brass pin on the inside?
Also check if there may be a protective coating on the contact patch of the LF cartridge itself.

Yes I have checked both. I can tell the Securus system is working properly because when I put in the original filter the compressor did start. It no longer does but the Securus system detects its presence and states change filter. With the new filters, the Securus system simply shows them as a short.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom